AirSwap has a number of benefits.
- Non-custodial. Unlike a centralized exchange, AirSwap does not take custody of funds.
- No sign-ups. AirSwap does not require users to sign up and does not collect sensitive data.
- No slippage. On AirSwap, prices are exact so the price you see is the price you get.
- Intuitive. AirSwap is designed with UX as a top priority.
- Secure. AirSwap was rated the #1 safest Ethereum decentralized exchange.
Uniswap is a "peer-to-contract" automated market maker (AMM) that runs fully on-chain. AirSwap is a peer-to-peer network combining off-chain negotiation and on-chain settlement by atomic swap.
There are benefits to each. With AirSwap there is no price slippage and trades are unlimited in size. The trade-off is that it's easier for everyday users to provide liquidity to Uniswap. However, a successful outcome for RFQ is a few high quality liquidity providers covering a variety of digital assets, so AirSwap does not require the same number of liquidity providers to be successful.
AirSwap Tokens (AST) can be staked to participate in governance of the protocol. All are welcome to participate by proposing, discussing, and voting on proposals that move the project and community forward. Voters earn points based on the amount staked. Points can be used to claim a portion of the funds from the rewards pool.
Staked tokens are unlocked over a 20 week period with a 4 week initial cliff. This means that you may not unstake any tokens during the first 4 weeks.
Voting occurs every month, from the 1st to the 4th of each month.
No! Points don't expire and will be carried over to the next cycle.
This will unlock your AST and transfer it to your wallet.
Note: balances have 4 decimals so e.g. 2,500.00 would have an "unlock" amount of 25000000.
There are lots of ways to get involved in AirSwap, from generating ideas, to coordinating projects, contributing design and code, and helping to spread the word.